Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hot and steamy

I'm working on some steampunk designs. This is a heavy rocket trooper; he's powerful, but he can't actually make it that far before running out of steam, so he's usually slow to the party. His gatling gun has to be cranked by hand, but that doesn't make it any less dangerous.

I'm also posting some early sketches of him. I like the final version a whole lot more, but figured I'd show my progress.

I'm also trying to improve my cleanup lines. Hopefully I'm getting better at it.

3 comments:

samacleod said...

Awesome. Love the designs. Yeah, that clean up line is fantastic. How did you do it? Did you ink it by hand? Using what? Or did you ink it digitally?

lissa said...

SteamGuy:"Would you like those dumplings fried, or...
... STEAMED!!???"



Is that even really a question, SteamGuy? :)

These are looking pretty rad.

Jason said...

Mmmm, steamed dumplings.

Steve: yeah, it's all digital. I don't know how I'd clean anything up without an undo button mapped onto my pen. :)