Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Other things

So I need to get a few other things ready for GDC and wanted to get some input. One is the spine for my portfolio, in the past I've just had my name info but that's kind of boring. I figured I'd get some artwork on the spine, with just a small bit of room for my name and info or maybe just putting that on the back. I was thinking of going with a group shot of the modern characters I designed a while back:

Alternatively, I could go with the some other guys. There's always something cool about dudes streaking through the air on rocket packs.

I've just got a cheap Itoya portfolio; I can't afford to spend $100 on a fancy portfolio case. There's always this niggling doubt at the back of my mind that recruiters look down on people with the same cheap Itoya portfolio as everyone else, but rationally I know they're more concerned with the contents than the delivery. I thought it'd be cool to do a wide aspect ratio portfolio, too, especially since I have a bunch of lineups.

I also need to get some business cards printed, I was thinking a design like this:

What do you guys think? Do you like them, do you like the idea but would rather other characters, or would you suggest something else? Obviously they'd be tricked out with color later.

I've still got like four major things left to do, and I'm running out of time. Gotta be working harder.

No comments: