Friday, March 20, 2009

Run-veeeeigh

So Lissa had gotten me season 1 of Project Runway, which I plowed through earlier this week while working. I ended up picking up season 2 today while I was at Fry's (our old router went bust after some 9 years in service) and started watching it tonight. I sketched out my two favorite designers at the end of the first episode, and it's interesting that I did this because the very next episode revealed one of them (Andrae) to be totally effing crazy-pants. I also liked the nerdy Asian girl initially, but the tight time constraints of the show really don't allow her to incorporate any goofy wrist computers or hoodies with thermoptic camoflauge, so her gimmick is kind of lost. Also Austin Scarlett from S1, because he's super-fab.

That stupid Fidel Castro dude was appealing initially, but he's such a raging asshole that I can't stand him anymore. And yeah, I know that we're waiting on season 6 now and season 2 is old hat, but whatever. I'm slow that way with television shows. I also know who wins in the end, but don't know anything else, though the urge to check Wikipedia grows stronger by the episode. Right now my favorite for second place is Nick.

Also, I finished up a card the other day and took it to a place to print. I ended up going with the steam guy; I did like the girl but the drawing was irking me and I just felt like the trooper dude honed in a little better on the target demographic for next week (sorry, Nicole!). I kind of stopped working on her about 2/3 of the way through.

I can shut up about these cards now; I kind of just wanted some more finished drawings on the top of the page.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You....watch.....PROJECT RUNWAY?!?!

Jason said...

Haha, I do. I generally hate reality and non-scripted television shows, but PR has the right amount of actual talent, good characters in the designers, and Tim Gunn that I can't resist.